Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tilda with Butterfly for Magnolia-licious August Sketch


A very happy Sunday evening to everyone!! I hope that you have had a magnificent weekend and are looking forward to an exceptional week!

My card today uses the August Magnolia-licious DT Sketch which was designed by the marvelously talented Becca and was a real challenge for me!! I hope that you will join with Becca and the other DT members to create your card using the same sketch and place it with ours on the Magnolia-licious Highlites site. I would love to see your individual interpretations of this sketch!! Be sure to link your card to your comment so that you will be eligible for the 2 prizes being given by Diana....one selected randomly and one for thinking outside the box!!! Good Luck!!


I used Bazzill CS for the base and PTI and SU CS for all of the matting. I also stitched each of the major backgrounds for each panel. For DP I used Mini Flower Glitter CS from the Heidi Grace A Little Bird's Tale Collection. I used Tilda With Butterfly from the Catching Butterflies Collection 2009. I could not find her on the Magnolia-licious site which probably means that it is temporarily sold out. I'm sure if you would contact Diana, she would try her best to get this Tilda for you...but while you are there I'm sure you will find some darling Maggies that you NEED!!!!

For the front of the card, I stamped and colored Tilda twice and cut her out to be propped up on dimensional tape. I used Souffle pens and Spicas to color the butterfly she is holding and added a few white dots to eyelets on her blouse and the dots on her hat. Finally I added tiny pearls to the buttons on her shoes that she obviously placed on the wrong feet...so much like a little munchkin...lol.

To complete the front I added green and lavender satin ribbon to cross at the lower left side with a double bow of the lavender satin and organza ribbons...topping the bows with an organza mesh butterfly. I then added four-layered flowers with Dew Drop centers to the two circles on the left side and topped them with 2 green flower pins. All of the corners were dotted with green or lavender Dew Drops. All of the flowers, ribbons, Dew Drops, and pins are from the August blossom kit at Crafty Feeling. Jayne has some absolutely beautiful things in her shop if you would like to go check it out. Thanks, Jayne!!


For the inside of the card I used the same papers and ribbons as the front, adding tiny heart buttons threaded with DMC for each of the corners. On the first panel I centered the double bow and added a dangling butterfly charm. On the second panel is simply a bowed jotting spot.

I have to note that no matter what kind of light I used or what kind of editing I tried I could not get the greens to photograph true to life. So I hope you will take my word that they really do match...lolol

Thank you so much for dropping by to see what's happening here today and I hope you will leave us a note so we will know you have visited us. I do appreciate your comments and always look forward to hearing from you. May you have a safe and enjoyable week and I hope you will come back often!! Magnolia-liciously wonderful hugs to each of you!!!!

43 comments:

Cathy said...

This is beautiful!! I love that image and your accents and details really compliment her. Very cute!! Hugs, Cathy

Barb Hardeman said...

Jacque, as always a stunning card. I love the green and purble together, so bright and cheerful. Darned cute...hugs...Barb

Jackie Randolph said...

Jacque, oh so adorable I like how you did the flowers for the circle on the sketches. Love the color combo.

Vivi Casale said...

oh Jacque, your card is stunning as usual!
I love the lavender color you used! background paper is marvelous and Tilda's image is so cute!
Hugs
Vivi

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous, Jacque! Love the paper you used and the flowers are awesome and your detailing is amazing as always. Love it! hugs!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful card, Jacque! The colors are stunning! Love it!
Huggies ~
Sharron

Janet said...

As usual, Jacque - your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colors, and Tilda looks SO cute on that card!

Janet

Danni said...

What a bright, happy card!! Love it!!! So cute!

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque your card is so very cute! I love everything right down to the tiny little pearls on her shoes that are on the wrong feet. lol Thanks so much she brings such a smile to my face.
Hugs,
Nancy

Cami said...

Oh how i love this card, Jacque...fabulous colors and lovely flowers! Great take on this sketch. That DP is very pretty! Cami

Deb said...

Jacque, your card is just too cute! This sketch somewhat overwelms me. I am going to give it a try, but it seems that there is too much going on for me.

Deb H.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...what a sweet card! Your dp is sooo pretty (I LOVE purple!) and the flowers are perfect. Little Tilda is sooo cute in the middle. And, your inside is equally gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you are able to do the inside, I never seem to find time to do this. Great card. hugz, Mary

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful as always Jacque. I love the paper. Is there a good paper store over by you. I am going that way in a week. We have nothing here. I think this sketch is a great one. I may have to give it a whirl if I have time. The paper you picked is really great. I like the purple and green together. Super job..

Anonymous said...

That card ROCKS> I love it...cutiest little TILDA!! The colors are great.. I love green and purple!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jacque! I love the colour combo you used!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque, I think your Tilda is so cute and
the DP's are beautiful.
Linda W.

Ann said...

Another simply stunning card Jacque, I adore the colour combination and Tilda is as sweet as ever. Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque,
So nice to meet you as well, such a shame I was running out of time as I would have loved a longer chat with you all :)
Your card is stunning, papers are delicious and your take on the sketch is awesome!
Big hugs, Marlene xx

Cheryl said...

Just wonderful, Jacque! Love the bright, pretty colors and your fab flowers!

Rosette said...

It iIS a hard sketch to do, but lots of us love a chalalenge, don't we ?? :)

Your card is lovely sweetie.. you always add that "special" touch!! :)

scrapgirlmarianne said...

Wow again a beautifull card, verry great job!!
Love it.

Marianne xxx

4furbabies said...

Good morning .
I just love all your cards - I have checked out each one when you post them . just have a little trouble doing theses posting things-lol
Not to good with this machine.
God Bless
Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh,Jacque, that card is simply PRECIOUS!!
Love the colors. . . . wonderful!!! The embellishments are fabulous. You have a special way with embellishments. Hugs, Christina

Suzan L said...

Hello Jacque, Your card is soooo beautiful!! I love the DP that you used and all the accents that you used, especially the layered flowers over the circles and the little pearls on Tilda shoes. Your card put a big smile on my face when I saw it this morning!! What a wonderful take on the August Sketch!!
Hugs, Suzan

cabio's craft corner said...

Another master piece Jacque. You layered the flowers and I love the way you tied your bows and put them one over another. Tilda colored nicely with the coordinate colors with DP and that is neat!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jodi said...

Very sweet and pretty card!! Love the color combo you used here and how you decorated the inside as well!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jeanette said...

What a gorgeous card Jacque! Love the purple and green combo and that sweet little Tilda! Hugs Jeanette

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!! Two of my favourite colours!!!!!! Still no package from you....when did you send it? hmmmmmmmmm EMAIL ME girl!!!!

Sheri said...

Than you! How wonderful it is to hear you were challenged...You make everything you do look so so easy. This is another precious card Claudia!

Norma said...

Jacque, I have not seen a card with the colour combo of that particular shade of blue and green. It is stunning!!! This is WOW card. Great take one the sketch. I love that you put the 2 huge flowers in those circles. A very inspirational card--it's giving me lots of ideas. Thanks.

Hugs.
Norma

Karin said...

Stunning card Jacque.
Love the colourcombo, pretty papers and adorable flowers.
And your colouring is perfect as always.

xoxo Karin

Priscilla said...

WOW your work is AMAZING :) your colors are so brillant and your picture quailty is awesome. It really shows off all the details. I am very inspired after visiting your blog..I must make this a weekly if not daily event :)
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Such a gorgeous card!! Very pretty colors!! HUGS

Eve said...

Oh My Gosh!!! How super cute!!! I love your colour choices!!! Great job yet again!
Hugs
Eve

Jessica G. said...

Your purples and greens are stunning together and those layered primas are, too! Another amazing card, Jacque!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to check my August creation! Hope you are doing well. I think the background paper in your card is really pretty! I also like the double bows you have on the outside and inside.

Hugs,
Viv

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

how lovely.. love the papers and the image is super cute dear Jacque. you are really making some beautiful bows hun!!! i always twist my fingertips lol
huggerinos

charlene said...

Jacque what a great card, love the colors.

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a stunning colourcombo!
Love the flowers and Tilda is SUPER cute.

Take care my friend and have a wonderful weekend.
/Gunilla

Kerry D-C said...

Fab card!! Love the funky color combo!

Elaine said...

Stunning card, Jacque!

Lauren said...

Great take on the sketch! I love the 3D flowers! I love the colors - purple is my favorite, and I love butterflies too! Great card!

Lauren

Jane H said...

beautiful coloring I've been looking how everyone deals with the different elements on this stamp I love what you have done with it.