Friday, October 31, 2014

In The Apple Orchard for Art By Mi Ran Challenge 18

Happy Day to everyone!! I hope you have had a great week and are ready for a fun weekend. I have to share with you that our weekend is threatened with that bad word SNOW!!!! Gosh, it's too early in these mountains for that white stuff...eeeeek!!

Today is the start of Challenge 18 at the Art By Mi Ran Challenge and as always anything goes. So come on over and join in with us so we can see your lovely creations. It had been quite some time for me to make a scene card. This little Miss Apple image kept whispering to me that she wanted to be in the apple orchard!!


I started with the blue background and added a wood textured frame cut with Layering Squares and propped up with dimensional tape to give dimension and depth to the scene. Inside the frame I added a pretty SRTC chipboard tree NAT-333 which I cut to fit within the frame. I painted the tree with brown acrylic paint before embossing the top with three shades of green embossing powder. I added a couple of die cut clouds for the sky and mixed greens of FlowerSoft for the ground. I then added some tiny die cut apples for the tree. I had to really concentrate to color the stems of those apples...lol The sweet image was colored with Copics and Promarkers, adding Glossy Accents to her apples. I also die cut more apples and an apple basket for the foreground. All that was left to add was a fluffy triple gingham bow to the left side. And that's my scene card for a while!!!! I would love to hear what you think of it!!!

WINNER!!

Thank you all so much for your visit to me at the CutCardStock blog and thank you for all of the sweet comments. Mr Random.org has selected the winner of the stamps and dies and the winner is.....


Congratulations!! Please leave a comment on this posting so that others know that you have claimed your prize and send me an email before Saturday at noon ET.

Thank you all so much for being here and I hope to see you again real soon! Just a heads up that the new November release at Whimsy Stamps with sneak peeks and blog hop will begin on Monday and I will have some SWEET STUFF each day--Mon-Wed!! So be sure to drop by!! Until the next time, BIG HUGS!!

12 comments:

New Creations said...

A beautiful work of art!!!
I love the wooden frame and the colored image is so gorgeous. Love the scene you created for her, the tree, apple cut outs all are just perfect!!!
Always love to visit your blog:)
Hugs from across miles!
Have a good day!

Mi Ran Jung said...

Beautiful card, Jacque. I am very interested to read how you created the lovely scene. Thanks for sharing :) I love those big bow and colors too!!
Hugs, Mi Ran xxx

kbrandy4 said...

Beautiful card Jacque, love the big bow! Hugs, Hazel xx

theCook said...

Wow, cutting and coloring all those apples must have taken forever!
Love the woodgrain frame. Did you use store-bought textured paper of do you have an embossing folder? The woodgrain looks so fine...

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh my this scene is absolutely amazing Jacque, so I sure don´t hope, it´ll be the last for a long time, but you´ll make more like this, cause it´s amazing hun. I absolutely love it. Soooo well thought and made in every little detail. Seems you´ve really given a lot of thoughts to that, and you´ve really managed to get an outstanding result hun.
Big congrats to Aunty Sue for winning today too. Enjoy your prize hun.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty! Love this little scene!

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow i just popped over to see this amazing card and was reading through your write up and wow I saw my name what a surprise thanks and will email you. Just love those stamps and dies will be great for my cards

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Jacque love the image and beautiful scene you have made and Congratulations to Sue on your win have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Carole Pollard said...

just fabulous this is an amazing card such a great design Love and hugs Carole x

Anonymous said...

Congrats sue! Great card Jacque!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Brilliant card as always. Love the way how have embossed the chipboard tree and the die cut apples are so cute. Image and the coloring is gorgeous.

Aunty Sue said...

Hi I have emailed you twice but one of them or both keeps bouncing back could you please check if you have received if not could you email me on s.i.bennett@talk21.com and I will reply. Thanks